Green Tomato Cake
|Oil||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sugar||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||750 Milliliter (3 Cups)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon (10 Milliliter)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (6 Milliliter)|
|Green tomatoes||500 Milliliter, seeded, cut into small pieces (2 Cups)|
|Maraschino cherries||125 Milliliter, drained, cut into half (1/2 Cup)|
|Raisins||125 Milliliter, dredged with flour (1/2 Cup)|
|Vanilla extract||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Milk||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Brown sugar||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Butter||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Icing sugar||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Butter a cake pan.
– In a bowl, beat oil, sugar and eggs.
– In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and soda.
– Add tomatoes and cherries. Stir and then blend with oil and egg mixture, alternating with dry ingredients.
– Add vanilla extract and stir.
– Pour batter into the pan and bake 1 1/4 hours.
– Remove from oven; let stand on wire rack to cool.