Upside Down Pineapple Cake
|Pineapple||19 Ounce, sliced|
|Cherries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Melt 3 tbsp (45 ml) of butter in a cake pan in the oven, and spread the pineapple, cherries and almonds over the butter.
– In a bowl, mix the coconut, brown sugar, milk and ginger, and pour this over the fruit. Set aside.
– Cream 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter and gradually add 1 cup (250 ml) sugar. Blend in the eggs one by one, then add the milk in a thin stream while stirring. Add flour, baking powder and salt, and stir well.
– Cover the fruit with the batter. Bake for about 50 minutes.