Yesterday S Cake
|Leftover cake||4 Cup (64 tbs), diced|
|Sugar||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|All purpose flour||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||375 Milliliter (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Melted butter||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
– Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
– Butter a 9 x 12 inch (22 x 32 cm) baking dish.
– Place leftover cake cubes in the dish and set aside.
– In a bowl, combine egg yolks and sugar. Beat 3 minutes. Add flour and baking powder, and pour milk and butter into mixture. Stir well, and add vanilla extract.
– Pour batter over cake cubes and bake 30 minutes.
– Heat the broiler.
– In a bowl, beat egg whites and brown sugar until stiff peaks form and spread the meringue on the cake or pipe it as shown.
– Broil until meringue turns golden.