|Chopped dates||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crumb mixture||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Cook dates, water, and brown sugar until soft. Cool, and add lemon juice.
2. Cream butter, sugar and add the vanilla.
3. Add rest of the ingredients, rubbing together to form a crumb mixture.
4. Press half of mixture into a greased pan, spread with the date paste, and sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top and hake.
5. When cool, cut in squares or strips.