Wow your friends and family with this spectacular Christmas cake design.
1000 Gram (square 18cm)
Apricot jam/Apricot glaze
6 Tablespoon (Leveled), sieved
1 1⁄4 Kilogram
White disco/Hologram glitter
1. On a cake drum, place the square fruit cake upside down. Warm the apricot glaze and spread it over the top and sides of the cake using a palette knife.
2. Knead the marzipan to soften it. Roll it out on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Lift the marzipan over the cake, and then press it down on the top and sides of the cake.
3. Trim away the excess marzipan around the base of the cake, Rub the surface of the marzipan smooth using an icing smoother or a plastic scraper.
4. Knead the sugarpaste to soften it and then roll it out. Brush water over the marzipan and the top of the cake drum and then lift the sugarpaste over the cake.
5. Press it down on the top of the cake, then the sides, then the top of the cake drum, ensuring that no air is trapped under the sugarpaste. Trim away the excess sugarpaste around the edge of the cake drum.
6. Rub the surface of the sugarpaste smooth using an icing smoother.
7. Roll out the blue sugarpaste and cut out star shapes using a star shaped cutter. Place them on a board which has been lightly dusted with icing sugar. Repeat with white sugar paste. Dry the stars overnight.
8. Hold a steam iron just above the blue stars very briefly until the stars look slightly damp and leave the stars to dry out.
9. Brush the surface of the white stars with edible glue and sprinkle over the glitter. Shake off any excess glitter.
10. Layer the white and blue stars up, using edible glue to stick the layers together.
11. Stick the stars onto the top of the cake. Tie the wide ribbon around the cake. Put double sided sticky tape around the edge of the cake drum and stick the narrower ribbon around.
12. Serve this decorated star design Christmas cake on Christmas day.