Orange Chiffon Cake
|Cake flour||2 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Egg yolks||5 , unbeaten|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||2|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg whites||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Sift together the first four ingredients into a mixing bowl.
2. Make a "well" in the dry ingredients and add oil, egg yolks, orange juice and rind in that order.
3. Beat with a wooden spoon until perfectly smooth.
4. In a large bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar until very stiff.
5. Pour egg yolk mixture gradually over beaten egg whites and gently fold until blended.
6. Pour into an ungreased tube pan and bake approximately 60 minutes at 325°.
7. Invert pan to cool cake; loosen with a spatula.