Pineapple Chiffon Cake
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ice cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned crushed pineapple and syrup||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Non fat dry milk solids||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chocolate cookies||9 Large (Thin Ones)|
1. Mix together in top of double boiler gelatine, sugar and salt.
2. Beat egg yolks slightly, stir in pineapple and syrup. Add to gelatine mixture; cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until gelatine is dissolved, about 8 min.
3. Remove from heat; add lemon juice. Chill to unbeaten egg white consistency.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in gelatine mixture.
5. Beat ice water and milk powder together with a rotary beater until stiff and mixture stands in peaks. (Take 10 min. by hand.) Fold into gelatine mixture.
6. Spoon one fourth of mixture into 9"x5" loaf pan; top with 2 or 3 cookies; repeat twice and finish with a layer of the chiffon mixture. Chill until firm.
7. Approximately 114 calories per serving.