Frozen Lemon Cake
|Graham cracker crumbs/Vanilla wafer crumbs||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Mix up egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice and rind and cook over hot water.
2. Stir constantly until thick as heavy cream. Remove from heat and cool.
3. Mix into the cool custard the egg whites, which have been beaten until they stand in peaks, and the stiffly beaten cream.
4. Roll crisp graham crackers or vanilla wafers.
5. Sprinkle half the crumbs on bottom of refrigerator tray. Add dessert mixture, sprinkle remaining crumbs over top. Freeze until firm.