Pan Fried Fish Cakes
|Dried shrimp||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried black mushrooms||5|
|Fish fillets||1⁄2 Pound|
|Smoked ham||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bamboo shoots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||3 Drop|
1. Separately soak dried shrimp and mushrooms.
2. Mince fish together with soaked shrimp. Blend in cornstarch, salt and stock. Shape in small cakes.
3. Dice smoked ham, bamboo shoots and soaked mushrooms.
4. In one cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar and remaining salt. In another, blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
5. Heat oil. Brown fish cakes lightly on each side over medium heat. Remove to a warm serving platter.
6. Reheat oil, adding more if necessary. Add diced ham and vegetables and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add soy-sherry mixture; stir-fry 1 minute more.
7. Stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Then stir in sesame oil. Pour sauce over fish cakes and serve.