Mocha And Nut Cake
|Shelled hazel nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shelled hazelnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioner's sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Strong coffee||5 Tablespoon (Preferably French Roast)|
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Grease and flour three baking sheets and draw three rounds, about 9 inches in diameter. Use a plate for size.
3. Grind the nuts and mix with the sugar.
4. Beat the egg whites to very stiff peaks and fold them into the nut and sugar mixture.
5. Spread the batter evenly into three rounds on the sheets.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until rounds are light brown. Remove from oven and loosen immediately with a thin knife. Let the rounds cool.
7. Place the gelatin in 1/4 cup cold water for some 20 minutes. Melt gelatin on low heat and let cool.
8. Whip the cream with the confectioners' sugar to a light foam, add the cold coffee mixed with the gelatin and beat the mixture until thick.
9. Sandwich together the rounds with mocha-cream between them, spread a thin layer on top, and use the rest of the cream for decoration.
10. Put the cake in the refrigerator for at least two hours and dust with finely ground coffee
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3084 Calories from Fat 2314
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 274 g422%
Saturated Fat 44.5 g222.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg54.8%
Sodium 305.9 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.7 g146.7%
Sugars 61.1 g
Protein 85 g169.3%
Vitamin A 36.8% Vitamin C 40.9%
Calcium 52.5% Iron 100.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet