Devil's Food Cake
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cocoa||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soft shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||3 (2/3 Cup)|
1. Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, and cocoa together.
2. Add shortening, a little over half the water, and vanilla.
3. Beat vigorously with a spoon for 2 minutes (or with mixer at medium speed).
4. Add remaining water and eggs; beat vigorously with spoon 2 minutes (or with mixer at medium speed).
5. Turn into prepared pans; bake at 350°F 30 to 40 minutes.