Marble Tube Cake
|Cake flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Cream butter and almond extract together.
3. Gradually add 1 1/2 cups sugar, creaming well after each addition.
4. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
5. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beating just until blended after each addition.
6. Blend remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cocoa together.
7. Divide batter in half and add cocoa mixture and rum extract to half the batter; blend well.
8. Grease bottom of a 10-inch pan; line with waxed paper.
9. Spoon batters in alternate layers into pan; cut through gently with a spatula to marble the batters.
10. Bake at 350°F 60 minutes.
11. Cool 15 minutes; remove to rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5741 Calories from Fat 2008
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 227 g349.2%
Saturated Fat 130.8 g654.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1352.3 mg450.8%
Sodium 2561.5 mg106.7%
Total Carbohydrates 868 g289.5%
Dietary Fiber 74.1 g296.5%
Sugars 415.4 g
Protein 118 g236.8%
Vitamin A 136.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 196.3% Iron 76.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet