|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and the salt. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Grease a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 inch loaf pan, line with waxed paper and grease the paper.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
3. Whip the butter until soft. Add the sugar gradually and whip until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until very light and fluffy after each. Add vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients and the milk alternately to the butter mixture, stirring only until all the flour is dampened.
5. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake about one and one-quarter hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan ten minutes before turning out on rack.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3456 Calories from Fat 1784
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 205 g315.4%
Saturated Fat 97.4 g486.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1002.9 mg334.3%
Sodium 1621.7 mg67.6%
Total Carbohydrates 357 g119%
Dietary Fiber 11.8 g47.1%
Sugars 157.4 g
Protein 59 g118.8%
Vitamin A 100.4% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 66.6% Iron 95.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet