|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), chopped|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder and the salt. Add the chopped walnuts and mix. Grease a 9 1/4 by 5 1/4 by 2 3/4 inch loaf pan, line with waxed paper and grease the paper.
2. Preheat oven to moderate (325° F.).
3. Whip the butter until soft. Add the sugar gradually and whip until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until very light and fluffy after each. Add vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients and the milk alternately to the butter mixture, stirring only until all the flour is dampened.
5. Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake about one and one-quarter hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan ten minutes before turning out on rack.