Sweet Chocolate Cake
|Sweet cooking chocolate||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Cake flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to moderate (350° F.).
2. Melt the chocolate in the boiling water. Cool.
3. Cream the butter, add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add the vanilla and melted chocolate and mix until well blended.
4. Sift the flour with the soda and salt. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk to the butter mixture, beating after each addition until the batter is smooth.
5. Fold in the stiffly beaten egg whites and pour the batter into three eight-or nine-inch greased layer pans, lined on the bottom with waxed paper. Bake thirty-five to forty minutes. Cool.
6. Frost the top and between the layers with coconut-pecan frosting or other desired frosting. Do not frost the sides of the cake.