1. Using a sharp knife, cut the strawberries in slices,
2. In a bowl, place the strawberry slices and add in sugar, and toss well to coat.
3. Cover and place the bowl in refrigerator, for about 30 minutes.
4. In a serving plate, place the cake, put a layer of ice cream and top it with ½ of the strawberry mixture, spreading it all over the cake.
5. Place a dollop of whipped cream on top and serve immediately.
Desserts take the center stage in any event. Here is a rich summertime dessert that makes for an ideal fruity treat. Loaded with cream, sugar and fresh strawberries, this toothsome treats is worth trying. This video presents a simple recipe of the same.