Low-calorie Lemon And Almond Cake is the right dessert to eat when one is dieting or trying to lose weight. Its fresh, sweet and nutritious. Low-calorie Lemon And Almond Cake is made especially for the ladies who want to remain in shape. This recipe is simple and easy too.
1. Put the lemon in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Halve the lemon, remove the pips, then purée in a blender, skin and all.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C. Oil a 20cm, round springform cake tin and line with a disc of baking parchment.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar together until pale and thick.
5. Fold in the flour, baking powder, almonds and lemon purée.
6. Pour into the tin and bake for one hour until the top is golden.
7. Do keep an eye on it for the last 15 mins as fructose sugar is slightly more likely to catch. The cake will be fairly dark though.
8. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then turn out on to a rack and cool completely.
When life gives you lemon, make lemonades…it is pretty old saying as now when life gives you lemon, you can even make interesting low calorie lemon cake. Combined with goodness of almond and mint, this cake tastes delicious and is so easy to make. Watch the video to know how you can make it.