Betty's Festive Eggnog Cake
|Softened butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (plus extra for greasing)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rum flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggnog||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped toasted almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners' sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (This is the same as icing sugar or powdered sugar)|
|Rum flavoring||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green food color||1 (as desired)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease baking pan with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter using hand mixer.
- Add rum flavoring and mix again.
- In another bowl, combine flour, soda, nutmeg, salt and mix well.
- Add flour mixture and eggnog alternatively to cream mixture and mix well.
- Stir in cherries, almonds and mix well.
- Spread the mixture into baking pan and pop into oven.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes and once done allow to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, rum flavoring, milk, green food coloring and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake and cut as desired.
- Serve warm or chilled and enjoy!
Specialty pan or a 15-inch by 10-inch by 1-inch jelly roll pan (Star shaped)
Calories 521 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg8.9%
Sodium 420.2 mg17.5%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 61.8 g
Protein 9 g17.2%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet