This video shows you how to prepare an absolutely delightful chocolate cream cheese pound cake with mocha icing. Apt to take it to a get together, especially for a crowd who loves chocolate.
|Unsalted butter||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (temperature)|
|Brown sugar||1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (tightly packed)|
|Granulated sugar||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Expresso||3 Tablespoon (brewed)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 1/2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For mocha icing|
|Powdered sugar||1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3 1/2 Tablespoon|
|For chocolate ganache|
|Heavy cream||1/2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||4 Ounce|
|Agave nectar||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Grease the entire cake pan (including the tube) with butter and flour.
3.Sift the cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and butter together until creamy and well combined, about a minute or so.
5. Add the sugars and continue to mix until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Scrape your bowl down with a spatula.
7. Add the eggs one at a time while mixing.
8. Add the espresso and vanilla extract.
9. Next, mix in the flour mixture 1 cup at a time and remember to stop once or twice and scrape the bowl down so that all of the batter are well blended.
10. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips using a spatula.
11. Pour the batter into the cake pan and then give the pan a little shake to settle the batter.
12. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20-25 minutes or until a skewer is inserted and comes out clean.
MAKING THE MOCHA ICING:
13. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour the icing over the cake.
Want more of a decadent touch? Try this Chocolate Ganache instead of the Mocha Icing
MAKING CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
14. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat. Just stir until the heavy cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips and agave nectar. Finally, pour the hot heavy cream over the chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
15. Pour the ganache over the cooled cake and allow it set for about 15 minutes. Cut, serve, and enjoy!
Serving size Complete recipe
Calories 9895Calories from Fat 4432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 506 g778.5%
Saturated Fat 284 g1420%
Trans Fat 0 g
Sodium 3331 mg138.79%
Total Carbohydrates 1303 g434.3%
Dietary Fiber 33 g132%
Sugars 926 g
Protein 115 g230%
Vitamin A % Vitamin C %
Calcium % Iron %
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet