Halloween Bloody Oozy Brain Cake
|Plain flour||265 Gram|
|Cocoa powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||90 Gram|
|Caster sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees F.
- Sift together, flour baking soda, flour and Cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well.
- While blending continuously add in the salt and vanilla, followed by the red food coloring.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture and buttermilk alternatively. Mix well.
- Pour the batter in a prepared bundt pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Take out the cake and place over the cooling rack and let it cool.
- Slice the cake in half and slice small chunks from both sides.
- Spread some white chocolate ganache into the core of the cake, followed by spreading all over the cake and sticking it together.
- Fill the center with raspberry preserve.
- Seal the top with some melted chocolate as shown in the video.
- Cover the cake with Chocolate Italian meringue buttercream. With some more meringue create a topping like brain and refrigerate.
- Pour the raspberry jelly liquid over the cake and refrigerate until set.
- Slice and serve.
Calories 329 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.6 mg20.5%
Sodium 103.6 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.1% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet