Chocolate Fudge Cake
|Self raising flour||6 Ounce (180g)|
|Cocoa powder||75 Gram, divided (2 tbsp + 3 tbsp for buttercream)|
|Bicarb soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Castor sugar||5 Ounce (140g)|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||5 Ounce (140ml)|
|Milk||190 Milliliter, divided (1/4 pint plus 1.4 fl oz for buttercream)|
|Butter||4 1⁄2 Ounce (110g)|
|Icing sugar||9 Ounce (260g)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease two round cake pans and keep it ready.
- In a bowl, combine together sugar, sifted flour, cocoa powder, bicarb soda and mix well.
- Add golden syrup, beaten egg, milk and mix well to form the batter.
- Pour the batter into greased baking pans, pop in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- For buttercream, combine together, butter, icing sugar, milk, cocoa powder and mix well.
- Once the cake is baked, cool it, spread the prepared buttercream on all sides of the cake.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 970 Calories from Fat 487
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.9%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 143.3 mg47.8%
Sodium 1330.5 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 82.9 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 19.6% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet