Korean Nappa Cabbage Kimchi
|Napa cabbage||2 Medium|
|Green onions||6 , cut 4 inches long|
|Dried dates||6 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced|
|Salt shrimp||1 Tablespoon|
|Korean radish||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Salt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green onions||6 Medium, cut into 4 inch lengths|
|Dates||6 Medium, thinly sliced (Dried Dates)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1 Medium, shredded|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, thinly sliced|
|Garlic cloves||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Salted shrimp||1 Tablespoon|
|Asian pear||1 Medium, julienned|
1) Slice the centre of the cabbage about 3 inches cut into two parts.
2) Soak it in water and take out immediately.
3) Sprinkle it generously with salt to coat all leaves. Leave for 3-4 hours.
4) Dissolve salted shrimp in water.
5) In a large bowl, combine pine nuts, ginger, garlic, radish, pear, dates, green onions, sugar and red peppers.
6) Rinse the cabbage nicely and let it drain.
7) Stuff the mixture into the cabbage leaves.
8) Using a strainer, pour the salted shrimp water mixture over cabbage.
9) Close the lib of the bowl and leave for a day at room temperature and then refrigerate it.
10) Serve nappa cabbage khimchi when desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1370 Calories from Fat 468
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 56 g85.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.5 mg39.5%
Sodium 6516.9 mg271.5%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.2%
Dietary Fiber 28.8 g115.2%
Sugars 104.3 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 300.2% Vitamin C 629.7%
Calcium 88.2% Iron 137.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet