Pan Seared Lemon Garlic Shrimp With Caramelized Onion Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressed Baby Kale Salad
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, finely minced|
|Aged balsamic vinegar||5 Tablespoon (15 Years Or Older)|
|Whole grain mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||5 Tablespoon|
|Kale||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Baby Kale)|
|Shrimp||12 Large, shelled and deveined|
|Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), thinly sliced|
1. Heat up a small non-stick pan over medium heat and add about 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. When the oil begins to give off just a hint of steam, add the onions. Give them a thorough stir so that the onions get coated in the oil. Add a few pinches of salt and a few pinches of ground black pepper. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, until the onions turn a deep golden brown color.
3. When the onions are caramelized, let cool for 15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, whole grain mustard, a couple pinches of salt, and a couple pinches of ground black pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil as you whisk stopping when you get the desired consistency. Mix in the sweet onions. Set aside.
5. In a medium pan, heat up 2-3 tablespoons of canola oil.
6. Add the shrimp in batches of 6 or 7 and season with salt and pepper.
7. Cook the shrimp just until it begins to curl (30 seconds or so), then flip and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
8. Immediately transfer the shrimp to a plate and squeeze some lemon over them.
9. Toss baby kale with the onion dressing (start with less dressing first) and serve with the shrimp on top! Enjoy!
Calories 822 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g97.1%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 200.6 mg66.9%
Sodium 466.9 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g15.8%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 33 g65.4%
Vitamin A 416.9% Vitamin C 288.3%
Calcium 29.2% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet