|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Canned tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||3 Teaspoon|
|Beef bones||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Uncooked rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||4 Tablespoon|
|Cold water||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1) Take a bowl and put cabbage in it. Pour boiling water and cover the leaves completely and soak for about 15 minutes,
2) Remove 12 (if large) or 18 (if small) leaves very carefully.
3) Take a deep heavy saucepan and heat fat in it. Add onions and cook until light brown in color.
4) Add salt, pepper, tomatoes, bones and enough stock to cover the bones. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes. Strain and remove the bones.
5) Take a mixing bowl and combine rice, beef, egg, grated onion and water in it. Mix nicely.
6) Spoon out meat mixture on each cabbage leaf.
7) Tuck in the sides and roll up the leaves with great care.
8) Return sauce to saucepan and the rolls to it. Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 1/2 hours.
9) Add lemon juice, honey and raisins. Cook for another 30 minutes.
10) Transfer to a large bowl and serve immediately.