Goose with Cabbage
|Goose||10 Pound, cut up|
|Kosher salt||5 Teaspoon|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cabbage||6 Pound, shredded|
|Tart apple||1 , grated|
1) Season the goose with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 teaspoons salt.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take a roasting pan and place the seasoned goose in it. Roast for about 2 hours or until almost tender.
4) Take a Dutch oven or heavy casserole and measure in it 6 tablespoons fat from the roasting pan.
5) Add cabbage and onions. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
6) Add apple, pepper and the remaining salt.
7) Arrange goose on top.
8) Cover and cook over low heat for about 1 hour.
9) Transfer to a platter and serve immediately.