Red Cabbage Bruxellois
|Red cabbage||1 Medium|
|Brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Juniper berries||4 (optional)|
|Red wine/Orange juice /apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Clean the cabbage and shred it.
2. Thinly slice the unpeeled apples.
3. Take a large saucepan, melt the butter and stir in apples and cook for few minutes.
4. Stir in cabbage and blend with apples.
5. Add the other ingredients gradually and stir well to blend them.
6. Cover the saucepan and cook over low heat for an hour. The liquid evaporates during this time. If too much liquid is left in the pan then boil for few minutes by taking off the lid.
7. Add a teaspoon of butter before serving.
8. Season the Bruxellois.
9. Serve the red cabbage Bruxellois with extra apple slices.