Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
|Cabbage head||1 Large, cored|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced beef||1 Pound|
|Rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a pot, boil salted water and place the cabbage.
2) Put the lid on and cook until almost tender do not to over-cook it.
3) Pour off the water and separate the leaves and cut out midribs.
4) In a saucepan, place the yellow split peas with water.
5) Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked well.
6) In a bowl, place the minced beef with onions, rice, parsley, cooked split peas, and seasoning and mix well.
7) Place cabbage leaves over clean working table.
8) Put a tablespoon of meat mixture on each leaf.
9) Roll each leaf and shape into finger-shaped parcel.
10) Cover the bottom of a pan with cabbage leaves that could not be used.
11) Arrange the stuffed leaves over the cabbage leaves placing any remaining leaves between layers.
12) Gently stream the water over cabbage leaves and simmer for 35 minutes.
13) In a bowl, mix together sugar and vinegar.
14) Stream the vinegar mixture over cabbage parcels and allow to cook for another 20 minutes.
15) Carefully lift the cabbage parcel, place on a serving plate and serve hot.