Braised Partridges with Cabbage
|Bacon fat/Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Carrot||1 , peeled and sliced|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit, 180 degree Celsius.
2. Cut the partridges in half.
3. Cut the cabbage in quarters, remove the hard core, cook in a pot of boiling slated water for 5-7 minutes, drain and keep it aside to dry a little bit.
4. In a pan heat 1- 1 1/2 ounce of butter and brown the partridge all over.
5. Take it out and keep it aside.
6. To the pan add onions and carrots and cook until golden brown.
7. Add the flour, brown it a little, add stock and chopped parsley and bring it to a boil and remove.
8. Take a casserole dish and line it with bacon rashers and put half of the cabbage and pour in half of the sauce.
9. Put the partridges, put the remaining cabbage on top, and pour the rest of the sauce.
10. Keep the bay leaf on top, cover it with a lid and cook in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until the partridges and cabbage is tender.
11. Take it out and discard the bay leaf.
12. On a serving platter keep the partridges on top of the cabbage and serve hot.
Calories 1029 Calories from Fat 514
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.7%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.7 mg98.2%
Sodium 310.2 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 105 g210.3%
Vitamin A 80.6% Vitamin C 138.5%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 34%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet