Cabbage, Apples, And Potatoes Casserole
|Onions||2 , peeled and diced|
|White cabbage head||1 , shredded|
|Green apples||2 , thinly sliced|
|White vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon/Steero chicken granules in 2 cups of hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Leftover mashed potatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Place a large skillet over moderate heat and melt the butter.
2) Simmer the onions in the butter till they are golden brown in color.
3) In a slow cooker, make alternate layers of cabbage and apple.
4) Add the sugar, salt, vinegar and pepper.
5) Into the mashed potatoes, mix the chicken bouillon in order to make a thin sauce. Pour it all over the cabbage.
6) Cover the cooker and bake on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
7) Transfer the hot preparation to a decorative serving platter and serve while still hot. Makes a good main course dish. Can also be served as a side dish or even an appetizer.