|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Raw rice||4 Tablespoon|
|Grated onion||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄4 Can (12.5 oz) (1 large can)|
|Tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|White raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
1. Preheat the oven at 350°.
2. To prepare the cabbage cut a wedge from its core, place in a large pot of boiling water, core side down and simmer until the leaves separate.
3. Put 12 large leaves back into the water for about a minute until slightly soft.
4. Lift out and cut away the thick part of each leaf.
5. In a bowl, mix ground chuck, rice, grated onion, catsup, egg, 1 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
6. On each leaf, put a twelfth of meat mixture fold in the sides and roll up.
7. In a bowl mix tomatoes, tomato soup, lemon juice, sugar and remaining salt.
8. Line a shallow casserole with some shredded cabbage and onion slices.
9. Spoon in half of the tomato mixture, then filled cabbage rolls.
10. Cover with remaining shredded cabbage, onion slices and tomato mixture.
11. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
12. Uncover, add raisins, baste and bake for 2 more hours, basting occasionally.
13. Serve filled cabbage with garnish as desired.
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.9%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.5 mg29.8%
Sodium 798 mg33.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 84.3%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet