Microwave Sweet 'N Sour Stuffed Cabbage
|Cabbage head||1 Large|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), divided|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Tomato sauce||32 Ounce (2 cans, 16 ounces each)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger snap crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Place whole cabbage in a plastic wrap and tie it properly.
2. In a microwave oven, place the plastic wrap and cook on a setting of HIGH (9) for about 10 minutes until the cabbage turns soft, but remains slightly firm.
3. In a bowl combine ½ cup raisins, rice, 14 cups of onion and a tsp of salt.
4. Leaving the outer large leaves, place about 2 tbsp of mixture on each cabbage leaf and roll it properly.
5. Chop the remaining cabbage leaves, and arrange it over the bottom of casserole.
6. Place the stuffed cabbage over the top of casserole such that its seam turns downside.
7. In a bowl, add onion, remaining raisins, salt, lemon juice, tomato sauce, one cup water, ginger snaps and brown sugar.
8. Spoon this sauce over the stuffed cabbage and wrap it with plastic.
9. Dip the probe into liquid and cook on HIGH (9); HEAT & HOLD at 1 80°F for about 100 minutes.
10. Serve the sweet and sour cabbage with extra sauce.