|Cabbage||1 , trimmed|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned salt||To Taste|
1) Preheat the oven to 375F. Grease a deep casserole.
2) In a pot of salted boiling water, boil the cabbage for about 15 minutes.
3) Remove the cabbage onto a colander. Run the cabbage under cold water. Take its core out. Reserve the outer leaves.
4) Slice up the core along with the inside leaves.
5) In a saucepan, heat olive oil. Add in the cabbage, onion, bacon and garlic. Saute well.
6) In a bowl, add in parsley and egg mix along with parmesan cheese. Beat the mixture well before transferring into the sauted cabbage.
7) In the casserole, arrange the outer cabbage leaves like a base. Add in the cabbage mixture and spread it out evenly over the leaves.
8) Pour in chicken stock over it. Sprinkle seasoned salt on top.
9) Cover the casserole and bake for about 60 minutes.
10) Serve the Crazy Cabbage hot with steamed rice, if desired.
Calories 129 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.4 mg2.8%
Sodium 257.6 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.2%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 5 g9.5%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 57.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet