Red Cabbage And Chestnuts
|Red cabbage head||1 Small, shredded|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Or As Required)|
|Dry vermouth/Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked chestnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry vermouth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple||1 , thinly sliced|
1) In a pot add in the red cabbage head. Cover the pot with boiling water. Pour in the vermouth. Allow the cabbage to rest in the mixture for about 15 minutes.
2) In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add in the cabbage. Saute till it becomes slightly limp on the outside.
3) Sprinkle flour into the skillet. Give it a good stir.
4) In a large saucepan, mix in chestnuts, water, sugar, vermouth, raisins and apple. Cook the mixture on simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Add the chestnuts mixture into the cabbage. Mix well.
6) Cook till the sauce has thickened fairly. The cabbage may take about 5 minutes to cook.
7) Serve the Red Cabbage And Chestnuts with a few raisins on top, for garnish.