Red Cabbage With Apple
|Red cabbage||2 Pound, core removed and finely shredded|
|Onions||1 Pound, peeled, finely chopped|
|Cooking apples||1 Pound, peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In an ovenproof container, make layers of cabbage, onions and apples.
3) Sprinkle each layer with sugar and seasoning.
4) Stream in the wine vinegar and dot with the butter.
5) Cover with foil and oven for 2 hours.
6) If you wish to freeze the dish, then do so at this stage. Allow the cabbage mixture to cool completely,
7) Seal, label and freeze.
8) Serve warm garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
9) If using the frozen cabbage mixture, thaw at room temperature for 4 hours.
10) In a saucepan, reheat gently over the stove, stirring occasionally.
11) Serve as mentioned in step 8.