Stuffed Cabbage Leaves
|Cabbage leaves||6 Large|
|Stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced meat||12 Ounce|
1) Pour boiling water over the cabbage leaves to soften.
2) Chop the onions.
3) Soak the Romertopf.
4) Heat the oven at 475 F- Gas mark 9).
5) Soak the breadcrombs in water.
5) Squeeze the breadcrumbs and mix them with minced meat, chopped onion, a pinch of mace, salt and pepper to taste.
6) On each cabbage leaf, place some of the meat mixture and roll up tightly.
7) Place the cabbage rolls close together in the soaked RomertopF.
8) Add a very small amount of stock and scatter a few pieces of butter on top.
9) Cover the casserole and cook in a very hot oven for just over an hour.
10) The liquid may then be increased by the addition of more stock,.
11) Add flour to the stock and let it thicken.
12) Season to taste.
13) Serve the stuffed cabbage rolls with boiled potatoes.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2845 Calories from Fat 991
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g171.3%
Saturated Fat 51.1 g255.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 613.4 mg204.5%
Sodium 1755.6 mg73.2%
Total Carbohydrates 342 g114.1%
Dietary Fiber 138.3 g553.4%
Sugars 180.3 g
Protein 172 g343%
Vitamin A 133.6% Vitamin C 3311.7%
Calcium 228.1% Iron 155.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet