Sweet Sour Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage head||2 Pound|
|Red wine vinegar/Wine vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
1) Discard the damaged outer leaves from the cabbage.
2) Quarter the cabbage, cut away the core and thick ribs.
3) Shred the leaves.
4) Chop the bacon.
5) Peel the onion and chop it.
6) Peel the apple core it and chop apple.
7) Crush allspice.
8) In flameproof, cook bacon over a low heat until fat starts to run.
9) Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
10) Add apple to casserole with cabbage.
11) Add allspice to casserole with salt, honey and wine or vinegar.
12) Mix well, then cover and simmer for 1 hour.
13) If excess of liquid is there at the end of the cooking time, remove the lid and continue simmering.
14) Serve sweet and sour cabbage hot as side dish.