Bed Cabbage and Apples
|Red cabbage||6 Cup (96 tbs), finely shredded|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Vinegar||3 Tablespoon (Elder)|
|Apples||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Special margarine||2 Tablespoon|
1) Melt the margarine in a heavy saucepan.
2) Add the salt, pepper, onions, vinegar, cabbage and water. Mix well.
3) Cover the pan and cook the mixture over very low heat for 1 hour.
4) Add the apples and sugar and mix well.
5) Cover the pan again and cook for another 1 hour. Watch the preparation carefully and if required, add more water so that there is no burning.
6) Serve Bed Cabbage and Apples while it is still hot. Can be served as side to steaks or roasts..