Dill Cabbage Wedges
|Cabbage head||1 1⁄4 Pound (1 Head)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 , finely chopped|
|Dried dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), defatted|
1) From the cabbage, remove the tough outer leaves and slice off the stem.
2) Through the core, cut the cabbage in half. Then, cut each half into quarters, thus making 8 wedges.
3) In a 9 inch glass pie plate, arrange the wedges in two concentric circles. Note that the dish will be almost full.
4) On top, add onions, carrots and dill.
5) Then, pour in the stock.
6) With a vented plastic wrap, cover the pie plate and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
7) Now, rotate the dish a half turn and microwave again on high for 6 minutes. The cabbage will be tender by now.
8) Let the dish stand, covered, for about 5 minutes in the oven.
9) Drain thoroughly.
10) Serve hot, sprinkled with the dill.