Cabbage Stuffed Shells
|Onion||1 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cabbage||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cottage cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Preferably Low Fat)|
|Dill weed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Jumbo shells||16 Large|
|Yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cucumber||1 Large, shredded|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon (Preferably Low-Sodium)|
1. In a large nonstick frying pan, sautÃ© the onions and garlic in the oil until sort, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the cabbage; cover and cook over low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender.
3. Cool it for about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the cottage cheese and dill.
5. In a large pot of boiling water, cook the shells until just tender; drain and set aside.
6. Stuff the shells with the cabbage mixture.
7. In a small bowl, mix together the yogurt, cucumbers, and soy sauce.
8. Serve the shells at room temperature with the cucumber sauce on the side.