Buttered Cabbage Wedges
|Cabbage head||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
1) Cut and discard outer leaves from cabbage.
2) Wash the cabbage head and cut into 8 wedges.
3) In a large skillet, pour 1/2 cup water and bring to boil.
4) Add salt to th water, then cabbage.
5) Cover and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes.
6) Add butter; stir until melted and cabbage is coated.
7) Sprinkle pepper over buttered cabbage before serving.
8) Serve buttered cabbage as appetizer or a low-calorie meal with some bread.