Red Cabbage with Apples
|Red cabbage head||3 Pound (1 Large Ones)|
|Cooking apples||2 Large (Pippin, Granny Smith Or Newtons)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon (Firmly Packed)|
1) Trim the cabbage and then core it.
2) Attach a slicing disc to the work bowl of a food processor and slice cabbage in it.
3) Skin, core and cut apples into quarter.
4) Slice the apples after stacking them into feed tube vertically.
5) Take a large dutch oven and heat oil and butter in it over medium heat.
6) SautÃ© cabbage in it for 5 minutes.
7) Season with salt and then mix in apples.
8) Cook again for 5 minutes after stirring well.
9) Pour in water and then cook the mixture, covered, for about 20 minutes until tender-crisp.
10) Mix in vinegar and brown sugar and adjust seasoning.
11) Serve at once.