Red Cabbage with Apples
|Red cabbage head||3 Pound (1 Large Ones)|
|Cooking apples||2 Large (Pippin, Granny Smith Or Newtons)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon, firmly packed|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon (Firmly Packed)|
1) Trim the cabbage and then core it.
2) Attach a slicing disc to the work bowl of a food processor and slice cabbage in it.
3) Skin, core and cut apples into quarter.
4) Slice the apples after stacking them into feed tube vertically.
5) Take a large dutch oven and heat oil and butter in it over medium heat.
6) SautÃ© cabbage in it for 5 minutes.
7) Season with salt and then mix in apples.
8) Cook again for 5 minutes after stirring well.
9) Pour in water and then cook the mixture, covered, for about 20 minutes until tender-crisp.
10) Mix in vinegar and brown sugar and adjust seasoning.
11) Serve at once.
Calories 205 Calories from Fat 48
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 384.9 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.6%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 30.6 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 51.3% Vitamin C 220.6%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet