|Whole wheat flour||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Safflower oil||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Buttermilk||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Kale||1 Liter (Packed, 4 Cups)|
|Cottage cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, freshly grated|
1. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
2. Into a 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate, measure and place all the crust ingredients.
3. Using a fork, toss the ingredients until combined and then press it against the bottom and sides of dish to form the pie shell.
4. In a steamer, steam kale for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from steamer and chop coarsely.
6. Into the pie crust, arranged the steamed kale.
7. In a blender, process cottage cheese, buttermilk, scallions and the egg yolk on low speed until smooth.
8. Using an eggbeater or electric mixture, beat the egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks are formed.
9. Fold in the beaten egg white with the cottage cheese mixture and some nutmeg.
10. Pour the cheese mixture over the kale in the unbaked pie shell.
11. Place the pie shell in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm.
12. Serve immediately.