Slow Cooked Red Cabbage And Apples
|Red cabbage head||1 Small, washed, sliced coarsely|
|Onion||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Tart apples||3 , peeled, cored, quartered|
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot layer the cabbage, onions and lastly the apples.
2. In a cup, dissolve the salt and sugar in water then combine with vinegar.
3. Pour the liquid over the contents in the pot.
4. Dot with butter
5. Cover the pot with its lid
6. Slow cook the cabbage on HIGH for about 3 hours or if you are not in a hurry and want to serve the cabbage for dinner, cook on LOW for about 8 hours.
7. Once cooked, stir to mix the ingredients and serve
8. Spoon into a serving dish and serve hot as a side dish or use as a relish topping if you like.