|Cabbage||3 Pound (1 Large Head)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Instant vegetable broth/1 vegetable bouillon cube||1 Ounce|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream||2 Tablespoon (For Whipping)|
1) CUt 6 wedges out of the cabbage.
2) In a large saucepan, cook the cabbage in salted boiling water.
3) Cover the saucepan and cook until cabbage turns soft.
4) Drain the cabbage and keep 1 cup of water for sauce.
5) In a medium size saucepan melt butter or margarine.
6) Add bouillon cube or broth and stir in the melted fat.
7) With a spoon, crush bouillon cube and cook the mixture until bubbly, while stirring continously.
8) Add the resrerved 1 cup cabbage liquid and 1 cup water.
9) Let the sauce boil for 1 minute and keep cooking until thickens, while stirring continously.
10) In a small bowl, beat the egg yolks vigorously.
11) Add 1/2 cup of hot sauce into beaten yolks and stir the mixture back into remaining sauce.
12) In the pan, in sauce, stir cream and lemon juice.
13) Heat the sauce for 1 minute.
14) From the boiled cabbage wedges, remove the core.
15) In a serving plate, arrange the slices of cabbage.
16) On each cabbage slice, pour the cooked sauce.
17) Garnish the cabbage with parsley and slices of lemon, if desired.
18)Serve the cabbage slices along with remaining sauce.