Sweet And Sour Cabbage
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Meat stock/Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, shredded|
|Tart apple||1 Small, cored, diced|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
1) In a 2-quart glass casserole, saute onion in the butter in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
2) Stir in the stock, cabbage and apple, then cook covered for 6 to 8 minutes, stir once in between.
3) Stir in the vinegar, brown sugar, allspice and salt to cabbage and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Then allow to rest, covered for 5 minutes.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.