Easy Sweet Sour Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage||2 Pound (1 Head)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Remove and discard wilted outer leaves of cabbage.
2. Quarter and cut core then shred coarsely.
3. In a large saucepan, cover the cabbage with water and stir in brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
4. Partially cover the pan with a lid and simmer the cabbage for 20 to 30 minutes until it is tender and most of liquid has evaporated.
5. Uncover and boil to dry out.
Stir in vinegar and butter
6. Dish out and serve the cabbage hot.