Braised Red Cabbage
|Tomato paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped red cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain non fat yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned diced water chestnuts||4 Tablespoon, drained|
|Yogurt||1 Tablespoon (Additional, For Garnish)|
1) In a large pot, bring a mixture of tomato paste, water and honey to a boil.
2) Stir in cabbage and onion.
3) Cook, covered for about 15 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally until cabbage is soft.
4) Take off the mixture from heat and pour in lemon juice.
5) Mix in yogurt and water chestnuts.
6) Serve at once, handing over additional yogurt to taste at the table.