Classic Deviled Cabbage
|Cabbage||1 Pound, shredded (1 Small Size)|
|Thinly sliced celery||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Condensed cream of celery soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Half-boil cabbage and celery for 5 minutes just enough to leave it tender yet retaining the crunchy taste.
2) Remove water and dry.
3) Take a buttered 4-cup baking dish, add soup and horseradish.
4) Now add the drained cabbage in the dish, mix with soup and horseradish.
5) Top the contents in the bowl with crumbs.
6) Bake till outer layer attains a brown tinge in a moderate oven (375°) for 20 minutes.
7) Serve hot.