|Red cabbage head||1 Medium|
|Sweet onion||1 Medium|
|Bacon fat||1 Tablespoon (Large Tablespoon)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cloves||2 , heads removed|
1. Wash and shred the cabbage
2. Peel and finely slice onions
3. Wash, peel, core and slice the apples.
4. In a casserole, fry the bacon to render the fat.
5. Add the shredded cabbage, apple and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Ass seasoning, liquids, bay leaf and spices and stir.
7. Cover the pan, reduce the flame and let simmer for 1 ½ hours, stirring occasionally.
8. Reheat before serving.
9. Serve as a relish with wild game roasts or stews.