Sweet and Sour Cabbage
|Shredded carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage and discard them. Thinly slice the cabbage into strips.
2. Wash and peel the carrots and shred into fine strips.
3. Wash the tomatoes and dice them into small pieces.
4. In a skillet or a wok, heat oil over a medium high flame.
5. Add the cabbage and the carrot and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the cabbage wilts and carrot is crisp.
6. Add the tomatoes and sauté along with the cabbage.
7. Stir in the tamari, honey and vinegar and sauté the vegetables for another 1 minute.
8. Dish out immediately and serve hot with rice or noodles.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 129
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 470.1 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 136.2% Vitamin C 89.6%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet