Tex Mex Cabbage
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green pepper||1 , thinly sliced into rings|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, drained and quartered (1 Can)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||3 Ounce (3/4 Cup)|
1) With a knife cut cabbage into g wedges and discard the core.
2) In lightly salted boiling water cook covered for 10 minutes
3) Strain water and keep the wedges in greased 2-quart shallow baking dish.
4) In a medium saucepan melt butter and mix sugar, onion, and green pepper. Cook over medium heat and stir constantly till vegetables are cooked.
5) Mix tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
6) Pour it over cabbage.
7) Top the vegetables with cheese and bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes.
8) Serve hot.